Safety with fireworks by chase lane fireworks. We always do our best to advise you of the safest ways to use your fireworks, it’s in yours and our best interests that you have a fun night but your still have all your hands when you come back to us next year!
Allways follow the firework code!
1. Plan your firework display to make it safe and enjoyable
2. Keep fireworks in a closed box and use them one at a time
3. Read and follow the instructions on each firework using a torch if necessary
4. Light the firework at arm's length with a taper or portfire and stand well back following the recommended safety distance
5. Keep naked flames, including cigarettes, away from fireworks
6. Never return to a firework once it has been lit
7. Don't put fireworks in pockets and never throw them
8. Direct any rocket fireworks well away from spectators
9. Never use paraffin or petrol on a bonfire
10. Make sure that the fire is out and surroundings are made safe before leaving
• It is recommended that sparklers are not given to under-5s
• Make sure everyone handling sparklers wears gloves
• Hold sparklers at arm’s length while being lit
• Don’t wave sparklers about close to other people
• Never hold a baby in your arms while you are holding a sparkler
• When the sparkler has finished put it in a bucket of cold water.
• One person should be responsible for the bonfire and children should be supervised
• Choose a site away from wooden fences, sheds and where children will be playing
• Never pour petrol, paraffin or meth’s on to a fire - it’s safer to use fire lighters to prevent flare-ups
• Keep a bucket of water handy in case of an accident
• Avoid loose clothing and tie back long hair
• After the party, pour water on the fire, rather than leaving it to burn out.